Prayer Points for India
As you pray for God’s work in India, here are some points to research and pray over:
1. That the gospel message would be made available to any and every person in India. Many who grow up outside of the major cities have no access to the Bible or any of the blessings its message brings.
2. That God would continue to call church planters to go into the rural regions and start new fellowships of faith, healing and hope. This is happening today on an unprecedented scale, but much work remains to be done. Tens of thousands of villages still need a pastor.
3. That India’s young population would find hope in Christ and practical help through education. Millions of children go to bed each night in India hungry, orphaned, or even worse – victims of child trafficking. Pray for many Christians to rise up to help support and love these children.
4. That Christian workers would be safe from harm. While India is the “world’s largest democracy,” there are areas of the nation whose state or local governments are unfriendly to Christians – and many believers face persecution or harassment as a result. Pray for peace and tolerance, so that the light of the gospel can shine brightly, and those who give their lives to serve would be free to do so.
5. That Bible translation efforts for remote tribes and language groups would be completed. Some in India only have access to God’s Word in their second-language, or none at all.
India Gospel League is recruiting 10,000 prayer partners by 2020. Would you like to be among them? Learn more here.