Thank you for praying!
Thank you for standing with us in prayer! At the end of 2016, we asked you to join us in prayer for the next new initiatives we were undertaking to expand our reach farther and deeper. You prayed and God answered! Your prayers helped accelerate God’s work on multiple fronts – offering hope through sharing of the gospel, educating children, providing medical care and initiating much needed socio-economic development to the poor. Here are just a few of the specific ways God’s kingdom work has advanced in rural South Asia below:
- A new Life Center is under construction and will be dedicated in May.
- Pastor Adaikalaraj received a brand new bicycle that will enable him to reach ten surrounding villages!
Children’s Ministry Initiatives:
- In March, 320 leaders received training to oversee all 17,400 Children’s Gospel Clubs! With a goal to reach 870,000 children this year, effective leadership training is vital.
- Since January, 509 additional patients were treated through six medical camps!
- Meals were provided for those suffering from leprosy- another opportunity to show the tangible love of Christ!
- Also, we’ve been able to continue the remodel of Sharon Hospital that includes a new Palliative Care wing.
Rural and Economic Development Initiatives:
- Since January, two new water wells were dug, providing safe drinking water to hundreds of families.
- Palaniyammal’s thatched roof house with only three walls was replaced with a brand new, sturdy concrete home with cheerful-colored walls.
- 73 women who received micro-credit loans to begin their own businesses have hope!